Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Seth!

Today is my husband's birthday and his dinner request was steak and salad. Instead of making my usual salad and dressing, I decided to make something a little more special. Parmesan baskets are very easy to make, and the good thing is that if you mess up (or break them) you just make Parmesan crisps! Seth loved the baskets and I had to chase him out of the kitchen because he kept trying to eat them before dinner. Happy Birthday!

Parmesan Baskets (makes 2 large baskets)
6 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium and spread 3 Tbsp cheese evenly around the pan. Let the cheese pop and melt until it dries out (around 1-2 min depending on the stove).
2. Carefully remove cheese and place over a bowl or glass to form the bowl shape. Let cool, remove, and fill with salad!
Here is a picture of a crisp. My bowls hadn't hardened, and I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product, sorry!

1 comment:

  1. this blog is the best thing on the internet. keep those entries coming!

    ReplyDelete