Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vacation Food

Seth and I just returned from a vacation to see family and friends, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite foodie moments:

-Black Bottle in downtown Seattle has delicious flatbreads (roasted chicken, sweet onion, and dried cherry).

-During the road trip to Mexico Beach, Fla we stopped at "I'm Buck" (in between Phenix City and Eufala) for some boiled green pnuts and conversation with the locals.

-Seth's mother's quiche lorraine, mmmmmm!

-Indian Pass Raw Bar has delicious steamed Apalachicola Oysters and crab legs. No frills, then again good shellfish doesn't need embellishments.

-We spotted a man who looked EXACTLY like Tom Colicchio from Top Chef. Except he had a country accent and was the cashier at Gulf Food Store, oh well!

-My Mother's cheese grits. Delicious enough to turn anyone into a grits lover!

-For my sister's birthday my family dined at Woodfire Grill in Atlanta. The Executive Chef was Kevin Gillespie (yes, Top Chef contestant) and we ordered everything on the menu save 2 appetizers, 1 entree, and a few desserts. Although I wish I could list all the delicious-ness, I'll give you my favorite tastes from the menu:

  • Roasted beets with a bruleed goat chevre
  • Grilled duck breast with sauteed endives, black eyed peas and duck cracklins
  • Sunchokes with mint, zaatar and pomegranate molasses
  • Cocoa nib doughnuts, coconut ice cream, and passion fruit caramel
  • All pork items on the menu that we tried: pepper glazed pork belly, bacon gastrique, coca-cola glazed country ham, bacon brittle,and wood grilled pork loin. Now all I need to do is framed the signed menu!

Overall we had a wonderful trip and I'll be back to my recipes once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment