Friday, February 12, 2010

Tropical Feburary

February is usually a funny month for me. Although its the shortest month of the year, it always seems to drag on! Maybe its the anticipation of spring weather that makes it so frustrating. Instead of staring at the gloomy weather outside, I decided to make a tropical salsa to add punch to a mid-week dinner. Clementines were all over the Commissary, which inspired me to do a fruit salsa over grilled chicken. Its amazing how your mood improves when you make a summer-ish dinner in winter. Try it out!

Clementine Avocado Salsa:
4 clementines, peeled and diced
1 avocado, cut into chunks
1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
1 scallion, diced
1/2 cup (or more) chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime

-Combine all ingredients, chill for 2 hours and serve!

Unfortunately I don't have a picture. My camera's flash is too harsh, so I can only take pictures in daylight. Must save for a new camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment