Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 2: CSA Challenge

Today we had some gorgeously sunny and warm weather, so I was really motivated to be creative with my vegetables. Besides the two salads (which didn't even put a dent in the greens I have) with more ginger lemon dressing, I was able to come up with something beyond my normal saute. Last night I marinated radish slices in a combination of rice vinegar and apple cider vinegar, with a pinch of salt and sugar. Toss in a few fennel fronds and some slivered walla walla onions for flavor and let them sit in the fridge overnight. The pickled radishes were deliciously crisp and tangy, great for a hot day! I also made my chicken pate and substituted half the apple for fennel. Combine that with tart Rainer cherries from a fruit stand, salty Gruyere, and a glass of chilled Viognier... perfect summertime dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment