Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's been awhile!

So.... I believe its been over a month since I've written. But the good news is that I've finished my Food and Drink in Western Civilization class and I'm now officially halfway thru my masters! In celebration of another finished semester I thought I would share a recipe that has gotten me through many a last minute dinner, my single days, and even my frugal college years. Rosemary potatoes have always been popular in my family and I consider them to be one of my favorite comfort foods. We Underwoods first discovered them at a Bed and Breakfast in Battle, England. The warm aromatic potatoes were absolutely delicious after a long day touring around the countryside. When returning home, my mother set out to make her own version and they became an instant family favorite. I could probably eat them 3 times a week if my husband let me!
Technically I have no recipe, so I'm sorry to those who want exact measurements. Basically I cut up red potatoes into inch squares, sprinkle with kosher salt, drizzle a little olive oil, crush a few stems of rosemary, and of course add minced garlic. Roast on 400 degrees for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The time and temperature may vary depending on taste. My sister likes them almost burnt, but I prefer a crisp outside with a soft inside. I hope that you enjoy these delicious roasted potatoes as much as my family does!

1 comment:

  1. Katy -- long time, no see!
    Hope to see you soon.
    Anyway, we Wernlys have been enjoying these potatoes lately -- Mark discovered the idea somewhere recently and they've become a family favorite. We knew you were a kindred spirit :o)

    ReplyDelete