Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chicken Paillards

Hello again! My sister scolded me for my absence from the blog world. Like most everyone, my life has been busy busy busy. The to-do list is out of control and a pile of unread magazines continues to grow. When I finally had the chance, I picked up a few magazines and proceeded to weed them out. Sometimes I flip through a magazine and a recipe just jumps off the page. This article from Martha Stewart Living was one of those articles, and I have no real reason why. It’s not flashy, but it appeals to a rich homey feeling that I must have been craving. I didn’t exactly follow the recipe, but I didn’t want to mess with Martha too much. We cooked bacon that morning and saved some of the drippings for the sauce. Not the healthiest of options, but it added a pleasant smoky flavor. To make the paillards, I used the website's directions. This dish would be well complimented by a serving of wild rice and sauteed leafy greens, mmmmm!

Chicken Paillards
2 Tbsp bacon drippings (or butter)
4 chicken paillards
1 small shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup dry white wine
Juice from 1 lemon
1 Tbsp chopped thyme
1/2 cup chicken stock
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste

-Heat the bacon drippings (or butter) in a large skillet. Add chicken to the skillet and sauté for 3 minutes or until browned. Flip and sauté another 3 minutes or until cooked through. Set chicken aside.
-Add shallot and garlic to pan and cook until soft (may need to add more butter) and deglaze with white wine. Add juice, thyme, and stock and simmer another 5 minutes, until thickened. Serve chicken drizzled with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment