Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Salads

When I first signed up my CSA, I was feeling ambitious and excited about fresh veggies each week! I didn't realize how MANY veggies I would be receiving. Seth is on deployment, so I've been forced to get creative with my cooking and share with friends. I also have a very full freezer! Below is a picture of the shed where we pick up our produce. Wish I had more time to write, but I'm busy blanching. Oh, and try this tangy raspberry vinaigrette while the summer greens are still delicious. And some fabulous Walla Walla onions!
Raspberry and Shallot Vinaigrette
1 cup fresh or unsweetened frozen raspberries
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 tsp honey
1.) Puree the raspberries, vinegar, and olive oil until smooth. Stir in honey and shallots. Add more honey if you prefer a sweeter vinaigrette.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks phenomenal sweetheart! Can't wait to be home and sample all your new culinary concoctions!

    ReplyDelete